Saturday, June 16, 2007

Mass update

This is the mass update since I have been in monkhood for a month.

EC process
  • 10 April, 2007 Luca Valenzin e-mailed me to wait for EC confirmation.
  • 4 May, 2007 Luca Valenzin e-mailed that the EC has accepted the position and scholarship. He told us to send the acceptance letter. (I've sent it for a while.) I have to wait until the end of the month.
  • 1 June, 2007 Luca Valenzin e-mailed that I will be contacted by my main university.

Edinburgh side
  • 12 June, 2007 The unconditional offer is finally arrived. Together, there are a brochure of funding (wonder why?) and accomodation.
  • 15 June, 2007 I've sent a signed unconditional offer through EMS (Thailand's express mail service). It costs me 9xx THB. If I remember correctly, it should be 6xx THB through Fedex, isn't it?
  • 15 June, 2007 Judith Gordon, a co-ordinator of ED, e-mailed me informing about the acceptance, and accomodation issue. This e-mail indicate that I can use the acceptance letter for visa application.
Flight
  • 14 June, 2007 I went to reserve flight with Amornsak at Majestic travel (Langsuan Rd.). It cost me 29000 THB for a one-way ticket BKK-Dubai-London-Edinburgh. In 03:xx of 8 September, I will fly with Emirates and transfer in Dubai. Upon arrival in London, I will use British Midland to Edinburgh. I will arrive there about 18:00 EDI time on 8 September.

IOM
  • 14 June, 2007 I went to register at IOM about 16:00. They said that the registration is open only in the morning, so I reserve a queue for tomorrow 09:00. I've observed that there is nothing in the website indicate that!
  • 15 June, 2007 I registered and went to Payathai 2 hospital to have my chest x-rayed. After went back to IOM, the IOM doctor tell me that there is a dot in my lung, so I have to went back to Payathai 2 to re-x-ray again. After x-ray I saw that the doctor in Payathai 2 write on the diagnostic report that I am NORMAL. But IOM doctor need me to have sputum examination. So I have to do it three morning at IOM. I've observed from pantip.com website. They said that many people have to do it. They will have to carry the x-ray film (quite bulk) with them on the plane and may have to re-x-rayed upon arrival in UK. If I am lucky enough, they will have me do health check for every 3 months for free.
  • 16 June, 2007 I've do my sputum collection for the first time, it is very hard.

That's all update for now. The next thing to do is to pass IOM and wait until 20 June for UK Embassy to open again. Amornsak suggest me to observe the health insurance prices in Thailand.

No comments: